Arms itch with scars. Tried antihistamines. Did not help. What can?

Sooo frustrated! I am a nurse trying to help my brother who has had itching on his arms only for several years. He has soo many scars. It is soo bad when its hot and humid outside. Even when he covers his arms or uses relief. Has tried difference. The doctors keep giving him xanax for sleep, antidepressants. Been to derm, and allergy answers. The funny thing is in 2007 he had neck surgery and had a metal titanium/chromium plate/screws put in. Could this have any relation?? My brother seems to think he had this itching before but he had gotten so bad right now he is not even working! Want to help him but dont know what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012