Arms and legs are thin. Taking protein shakes. What can I do?

hi i am a 30 year old male 6ft tall and weigh 9 and a half stone my arms and legs are so thin i am to embarresed to show them whitch can be difficult because i work in a warm factory but i cant ware a t shirt or in the summer i tend to stay indoors so knowone asks me why im still wareing jeans and long sleeves, for the past few years i have been eating well takeing tips from guys from work who are all well built and work out, ive been takeing protien shakes and baught my own multi gym as i am to embarassed to go to a public gym, but nothing seems to help,
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
See first thing is you need to have patience , it will take some time for you to put on some muscle mass in your arms and legs.
I think your diet is pretty strong as in i presume you are on a high protein diet
Now what you can do extra in your workouts is to follow compound movements (bench press , squats, deadlifts etc) rather than doing isolation movements such as curls , extensions etc ; because by doing compound movements more muscles are activated so thereby you will be able to put on mass at a much more faster rate.
Thank you and take care