Applied pain relief spray on burnt finger. Ate with same hand. Tongue, cheek numb. Any problem?

I as cooking pancakes one day an I burnt my finger on the pan. I wasn t a bad burn, but it still hurt so I put disinfectant/pain relief spray (numbing spray in essence). I then, absentmindedly, grabbed a piece of pancake and ate it. I had put the spray on the (left hand ) right edge of the nail of my left hand thumb . When I grabbed the piece I used the bottom of my thumb and index finger , but I think a little bit of spray rubbed onto the piece. I ate the piece and about 15-30 seconds later the tip of my toungue and side of my left cheek did really feel numb, because I but down to make sure they weren t numb, but they felt less sensitive than usual. I immediately ran water through my mouth, rinsed it, garbled, everything. I also washed the spray off my thumb as to not make that same mistake again. It hs been approximatly 10-15 minutes since this has happened. I no longer feel numbness, but the roof of my mouth near the back feels less sensitive. I think that may just be because the pancakes were burnt and I tossed a piece (after washing my hands) into my mouth that burned the roof of my mouth. I was just wondering if it is necessary to still call a poison specialist, or if I will be fine.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response

In this situation if there are no systemic signs of poisoning like vomiting, abdominal pain etc..
You may wait and watch.
See whether the local symptoms of the oral cavity reduces.
In this case the dose exposed to is very minimal and may not cause poisoning in my experience.
If the symptoms persist and increase in severity do contact your doctor at the earliest.