Anxiety, tightness in head and chest, damaged nerve, obese. Smoker. What is the treatment?

Okay I just turned 40 in september so I AM open to the concept of obsessive personality and physical manifestations of said obsessions. However, these symptoms have, in part, existed far prior to reaching 40. Every since I have an episode of feeling like my head was getting tighter and tighter (I ve, to this point, written that off as an anxiety attack. Which I had never had before. But since then I have prolonged episodes ranging in days to weeks, where the tip top of my head feels,not painful but slight feeling as if someone was lightly pulling my hair there. I also have episodes where the surface of my chest feels tighter, not in the cardiac sense. Much more superficial. Oddly this can be relieved by simply billowing out my shirt in that area where it is in contact with my skin. I am obese, I already had a numb patch on my left outter thigh. I know the nerve that leads to there is frequently damaged when ones excessive belly fat rests in the area of that nerve. I assume that is what has gone on there. the new thing (lasted 3 days so far) is the feeling of pulling or pressure as well, in a small area practically dead center on my back. I do not feel ill at all. Not fatigued. Not nausiated, and in no way sick. However along with being obese I also smoke. Those plus just hitting 40 I am obsessing about these things to an unhealthy degree. I used to think I had angina however every time i get the pain in my abdomenish area and in my shoulder blade and jaw I gulp some soda, a really loud burp follows and I feel normal again. Not sure if that is in any way connected. I just want to stop obsessing SO much.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry too much. You are in the right place. Anxiety is fear about something which is not real or which you expect to happen. Fear is fearing something which is real. Anxiety is always obsessive because it makes the victim thinks again and again about something which the victim imagines. Means obsession is part of anxiety. You need to understand this before starting therapy.

You are suffering from hypochondriasis which is termed as anxiety about imaginary body illness. Anxiety is also accompanied by gastric problems. That is the reason you have this chest tightness and pain around shoulder and abdomen. The anxiety can be easily cured with the help of psychotherapy.

You need psychotherapy and other cognitive behavioral therapies. I can help you through telephone. Please do contact me through customer care of www.healthcaremagic.com for a telephonic consultation session.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.