Anxiety, breathing difficulty, tremors, post-flu compilation. 14 apo-clarithromycin prescribed. Should i be concerned?

As a result of a post-flu complication, my doctor had prescribed me a bottle of 14 apo-clarithromycin pills. I was instructed to take one pill during the morning and another during the night -- on a full stomach. I took one last night, and another one this morning.

Approximately 3 hours after the second pill, I suddenly began experiencing anxiety almost in the form of what many people call a panic attack. I had difficulties breathing, my whole body was shaking, and I was confused.

I had zero experiences of such prior to this sudden anxiety episode. I have read studies that shows that some rare side-effects of clarithromycin include anxiety, hallucinations, insomnia, depression, and nightmares. An article from "The Psychiatrist" even discussed an extreme case where a 19-year old female developed an "immediate psychotic reaction" after having received only two doses of clarithromycin. I am only 17 years old.

Should I be worried? Should there be any further adverse side-effects of the drug, what am I to do? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013