Angiogram shows LAD type 3. Non diabetic. Is angioplasty better or bypass surgery?

my Brother aged 54 years has got angiogram done on 22/1/2013 and found LAD type 3 vessel proximal segment has 80% lesion with ectactic proximal segment and LCX non dominant system , OMI has 90% lesion . RCA dominant system , mild disease . PLV - mid segment has 70% lesion and cardilalogist suggests by pass surgery. He is non diabetic and living normally with out great problems. Please advice whether angioplasty is better or he need to go for BY pass surgery and also whether he needs these treatments now. Please respond quickly he has by pass operation scheduled monday. We are from Bangalore
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013