Anemic, low iron in blood, put on slow release iron supplement, terrible stomach pain just below the right rib cage. What's it ?

Hello Dr. Christensen, I am anemic and have very low iron in my blood. The doctor put me on a slow release iron supplement which I have been taking for the past three days. I ve had terrible stomach pain in the top portion of my stomach underneith the top of my liver , it s just below the right rib cage near the center of my chest , it s dull and ache and it hurts when I go to sleep and wakes me up at night. I felt neauseus a few times but never throw up. I know that I do not tolerate iron well and the pain I m having is just like when I take an antibiotic . I m allergic to pennicillin so I take non pennicillin antiobiotics when I need to but haven t been on them in months. I also have a lot of burping. I m planning on seeing my doctor but wasn t sure if it would just pass?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013