Allergic to adhesives, have intense dark burns, breakout from head to toe after laminectomy, foramenotomy. What action should be taken?

Here goes, I had laminectomy , foramenotomy and removal of a fibrous cyst . Before this surgery, and a period over 10+years I have been very allergic to ADHESIVES. ALL ADHESIVES!! So imagine my surprise to 24 hours after surgery my back is deep dark red that burns so intense, then a few days later I broke out head to toe with welts, hives and an itching, burning rash . All the P.A said was wow, you really are allergic to that adhesive! . Really? Because I have this problem of itching and burning skin 4 weeks post op, no other choice to seek legal help. Even the hospital discharge says allergic to ADHESIVES and tape.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012