Alcoholic. Taking meth. What is the cause of frequent yawning?

My google query, Why do I yawn on methamphetamine landed me here. First, a little background... I m quite fit, and have no medical problems aside from some mild generalized anxiety . I m sure my dopaminergic system is quite well charged, as I m not adhedonic; I take great pleasure in the activities that interest me. I sleep normally. This is the first time I ve toyed with the drug in over 10 years. I was out of bed at 11 AM this morning (my local time), and started vaporizing some very pure meth at around 5PM (local). It s now 1:30, and even though I shouldn t be tired, I m yawning every ~5 min. I drank 8 beers (5%, 355ml) equally distributed over the course of the day. The doses of meth was also evenly distributed throughout the day, at 20 mg per dose (exactly 300mg total, so far). The last dose was at 1AM. I took .5 mg of lorazepam at ~9PM; I used it to calm my normal anxiety, which the meth hasn t seemed to change at all, and as prophylaxis against high diastolic blood pressure that meth often causes (if the lorazepam would even work for that). Anyways... I can tell you that it s not the lorazepam, as I started yawning before I took it. Is it the meth or the alcohol causing the yawning? I could understand the alcohol yawns to a point, but I thought a CNS stimulant like meth would reduce the amount of the yawns, or at least attenuate their intenisty. Sorry for yammering so much; I am high, after all. My question boils down to how meth could trigger a yawn. I was thinking it s a dopamine insufficiency thing, but I m not sure. Do you have anything to say on the subject?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013