Alcohol addiction, have swelling, blisters and bruising on feet spreading upwards, non-healing chemical burn. What could be the cause?

A friend of mine sent me a picture of her swollen, blistered, and it appears bruised feet . She s in a panic because it is now moving up her legs. She also has a chemical burn on the back of her left hand that isn t healing . She states she went to the hospital and no one can figure out what it is. They gave her an antibiotic and sent her on her way. I suspect she has been using drugs but she lies to us all the time. I don t believe much that comes out of her mouth. I do know she drinks a lot also and by definition an alcoholic. Would alcohol cause this alone? Or could she be using meth? Making meth? She only admitted to using it once...but then again..she lies all the time. Is there another drug that could have caused this? I just want to inform her on what to bring to the attention of the doctors when she goes back to the hospital.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012