Alcohol addiction, have low hemoglobin, high PCV count. Is bleeding test required?

Doctor... I am 41 years old working in a Aviation Industry and been in Bangalore for last 40 years. I am a alchoholic (not on daily basis) for last 20 years and I am non vegetarian. My Heamoglobin content in Jan 2012 was 17.4 and in June it became PCV count is 55...Is it required for me to undergo bleeding as suggest by Dr Dugani, a Cardiologist ...Please support me... I am having sleepless nights. I have stopped drinking alchohol and non veg for last two weeks. Please support with a General Medicine. Thanks Jayaram S Govindaiah - 0000 0000
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Dear friend, I can understand your anxiety....
your hemoconcentartion can pose problems.
pl. follow medical advise . can you tell if any more tests were done and reports?
there are different causes for high PCV %
thanks and good luck...