Affected by gardnerella, spotting, burning during urination. Is this bacterial vaginosis? Cure?

Hello, I m a 21 years old student affected by gardnerella. I have contracted the infection in December. I went for a check up, but wasn t asked to do any tests. The doctor thought I had a yeast infection , so she gave me Panderm cream to use externally. The infection went away for a while, then came back, then went away and so forth. I wasn t sexually active yet. I finally went to another doctor in July, and made a gynoscopy. Fallopian tubes , ovaries, cervix etc. were fine. The doctor noticed I had a small cyst in one of my ovaries, but told me that wasn t something to worry about, since I was about to have my menstrual cycle. I also did a pap test , but the results came out only 10 days after. This doctor also thought I had a yeast infection, so she prescribe me: an intimate wash, Meclon 1000 vaginal cream, Edenil and Biphasil ( douche ), and Diflucan 150. When the pap test s results came out, it appeared I was only positive to Gardnerella, so I was given for a week Macmiror complex vaginal ovules, and again Edenil vaginal wash. The infection had almost disappeared, and to strengthen my immunity, I used vaginal tablets of vitamin c (Norfem C) for a week, and I m still taking until now probiotic pills (Diflocor Elle). Today, two weeks away from the treatment, the symptoms (little burning during urination and a bit of discharge) have reappeared. I m supposed to get my menstrual cycle, but didn t get anything yet. On the other hand, I ve had little spotting for the past three days. What is the relation between spotting and bacterial vaginosis? How serious is it? Does it indicate some kind of damage? I am but worried; I read it can cause infertility. How can get rid of it completely? Meanwhile, I have also become become sexually active. Can the infection be transmitted to the partner even with protected sex? I apologize for the length of my query. Thank you in advance for reading all this.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  156 Awaiting Answer