Advised to stop metoprolol prescribed for heart palpitations. Will I experience withdrawal effects?

Hi, I ve been taking metoprolol tartrate for 2 1/2 months 25 mg one a day doctor told me I can stop it but I m a little scared I ve been taking 12.5 mg once a day for 5 days and didn t take it today and will tomorrow and take every other day for a week then stop is that safe I do take 40 mg lisinoprol for high blood pressure , I m 43 and was giving the metoprolol for heart paplutaions, I also supplement with magnessium
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013