Addicted to pain killers. How to get rid off it?

I have a business. I am on pain killers. I rather take 30 s but will take what ever. I will go under in a short time of only a week out from my business. I am also very active. I need to be alert and have energy, I want to feel good. I can t believe I allowed this to happen to me. Especially at my age. 53 It all started around 15 years ago thinking I would never be addicted to anything. How could I ever let anything have that much control over me. Never say never! I don t want to be like my brother who is on methadone and every time he sees a doctor they treat him as if he is a terrible person. They speak to him with disrespect. He needs a lung transplant and is truly sick. He truly gets treated differently . Imagine how I would be treated if I needed to see a doctor for anything else. I would diffinantly loose my customers if anyone knew. I beat myself up all the time,yet I try to think myself clean.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. However I do not see a question in your whole story. I will try to let you know what I know about addition to pain killers. It is not the best thing to have for an addiction and in the end you probably are going to end up damaging your kidneys, similar to your brother who has ended up damaging his lungs. I understand that you are still in a position where you can go off of medications. I recommend that you see a psychiatrist specializing in substance abuse disorders and get help. I hope you do so as soon as possible.

Take care and have a lovely day!