Addicted to oxycodone pill. How to recover from this?

I have not eaten for 3 days. I cant afford you. so thanks but no thanks. Nothing is for free. There is no help out there. I worked for 40 years and this is how I end up. Sad but true. I hope you never have to go through what I am, the pain, the insecurity. I would rather die. Yes I cant pay any money. My son is 25 been addicted to oxycodone pill for 3 years. He has been doing 150my to 250mg a day. The last week he slammed heroin and smoked it. He almost overdosed twice. His dad kicked him out after enabling him all his life. I told him he had two choices detox or he needed to leave. My dad just died, I was up 3 nights watching to see if he was breathing. He went into detox. They gave him Suboxin I don't agree with that drug for him. He has been using 3 years not 20. Why get addicted to another drug. It is a class 3 narcotic. He feels it or He would not want it plus he can sell them on the street for 20. Hes in a halfway house now. If he sells it will lead him down the same road. I am 55 and dying. I am trying to save his life before I go. He doesn't know Im dying I appear healthy although Im on SSD. Ive had 2 brain aneurysms clipped and now I have another one. I will not have another brain surgery. I have COPD, back problems. I hide all from family I don't want them to see me when im bad. I have been through detox myself I know how it feels. Been there done that. Suboxin just doesn't cut it with my gut. Maybe Im wrong. Im open to opinions., I am scared my son is going to die. All I want is for him to have a life. Please help me help him. Thank You.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your situation and frustration. It is difficult to go through this and it is difficult to have a son that is addicted to the drugs that your son is addicted to. I am glad he is in a halfway house now and is in the system. He needs to be monitored and I would think that he could be court ordered to treatment if you wish (if he is still under 18). Please check with social services and his counselor. I think this will immensely help him though it may strain your relationship with him. There is help out there and I do not want to give you false promises but there are people that were addicts just like you son and are now doing just fine. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!