Acute knee pain, nerve compression, cervical myelopathy. Traction required. Treatment?

Hi , My Dad has been detected with cervical myelopathy , he has got acute knee pain since past 6 weeks due to which he is unable to walk,i took him to a ortho who said he has nerve compression and it should be treated by neurosurgeon , i have visited a neurosurgeon who says he needs a traction of 4.5 kgs and bed rest . and post that we shall see how we can decompress his nerves and also points out that the knee pain has nothing to do with nerve compression , i am very confused what should be my line of action
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012