Acne,pimples and oily skin

Myself age 20. worried from pimples and blackheads from age16.having oily skin.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Mar 2010
welcome to HCM..,
Thanks query......and why you are worrying about pimples..,
It is common in your age...,
Very good treatment is available...,
1) Frequent washes of face ..4times daily with Triclosan and Zn oxide soap
Acnil or Acnex
2) Topical treatment of Clindamycin cream...Clindac.A gel
3) Oral antiboitics....Tab Doxicyclines 100 mg..daily for 15 days
4) Topical Kojic acid cream for night times....
Follow this treatment ...get good result...,
Don't touch the face with your hand and nail...Dont pinching the lesions...
o.k... good luck
  Anonymous's Response

Ya having oily skin is really bad man. I have suffered out of this. there shall be black marks, skin looks dull and you get acne what not. But again dry skin is more worse. So should be a bit happier for that reason I guess. Avoid use of cosmetics, wash you face every hour. That shall help to resolve the issue. Also use a good cream at night for acne and blackheads.

General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
oily skin is prone to having pimples due to excess production oof sebum. Also can be an imbalance in the harmones. I would advise you to wash your face regularly about 5 times a day. Use only oil free sunscress. Do not use too many cosmetics. If the pimles gets infected consult a drrmatologist who wil prescribe you antibiotics for the same. But i would advise you to consult a dermatologist so as to identify the cause for the same and get treated accordingly. I hope i have answered your query. Take care