Abnormal heart beat, sweating while walking and climbing stairs, overweight. Should I be concerned?

lately when I walk out to my car after work (which is approx 1/4 mi away) and then climb up 2 flights of stairs, my heart starts beating out of my chest , i have a difficult time taking in a deep breath, i sweat profusely. I am over-weight but actually am thinner than I have been in 10 years. I am a fairly active 57year old woman but this is not a comfortable feeling. When i go for a walk I notice that it is becoming harder to keep up a good stride. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012