Abdominal pain, rib cage pain, headache, back pain. Had gall bladder removed. Done CAT scans. Cause?

I am a 59 year old female. I have been having cronic pain in the upper right abdomen, under the rib cage for approximately 3 years. I have had many tests and doctors have been unable to diagnose. The pain is worse when I sit for any length of time so I stand a lot or lay flat with my hands over my head to elongate my body. The pain wakes me up from a sound sleep many times each night and is constant throughout the day. I can only lay on my right side for a few minutes before the pain intensifies. At times there are stabbing pains but mostly a constant dull pain, sometimes through to my back. I have not been able to identify any association to digestion or specific foods. I had my gall bladder removed in 1989 and tests have not revealed any stones when the tests were taken. I have had Catscans, MRI, ultrasounds and blood and urine tests. I need to find the cause of this pain so that I can treat it. I don't want to live on pain medication. Do you have any suggestions as to what can be causing this pain and possible treatments?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013