Abdominal pain, pebble shaped stools. Taken laxatives. Bloating, heaviness. What is it?

I have been unwell for a while now. Is started about a month and a half ago when I felt pain in my left side of the lower abdomen and had a lot of noise in my intestines. The stools were also pebble shaped. I went to see my GP and he said I was constipated, and gave me some laxatives to help me retain water in my stools. I took the laxatives for about 10 days and my stools got back to normal. Now I feel bloated every night and heaviness on my left side as well. Last night I felt there was some bitter gas coming from my stomach . Also feel a bit lightheaded during the day as well. Though all symptoms considered I have a very strong appetite . Can you please let me know what it might be?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Your symptoms are due to alteration in bowel habit for long time ,it will take some time to normalize don't some walking exercise, take light frequent meals, take some digestant after meals, fruits to be added. Lastly get your abdominal USG done to rule out colitis if you often such symptoms care.