Abdomen feels bruised, not pregnant, no trauma, pain when pressing. Help

Hi, the left side of my lower abdomen just above my pubic area feels bruised when I press it. I am not pregnant, and I just started feeling this yesterday evening. My period is 14 days away and I do not remember bumping into something but it might be a possibility that I did. I have no trouble using the toilet, and no pain unless I press against my lower abdomen. I hope you can help! Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Pain in the abdomen can be due to various reasons. During the menstrual cycle, ovulation (release of eggs from ovary) takes place around 14 days prior to the start of menstrual periods. Occasionally some people feel pain in the abdomen during that time. Other than that, if you have any other symptoms relating to your bowel movements or urination, those also could be a cause. You can wait for 2-3 days to see if the pain is subsiding by itself. If it does not subside, then it is better to get examined by your family physician. You can also get an ultrasonography of the abdomen done to see if any abnormalities is happening there.
Hope I have cleared your concern. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you. Thank you.