9 year old having itchy armpits with reddish spots. Need to get checked?

Hi My 9 year old son came to me tonight with itchy armpits, I looked at them and he has a slight rash, small light red spots, they don't look like heat rash as though small they are slightly raised. He tells me they've been itching for a week or two. He has no other symptoms and is otherwise well. It has not been especially hot lately, nor have I changed washing powder lately. I put some topical 1% cortisone cream on them. Should I take him to the doctor?
Thanks heaps
Asked On : Sat, 11 May 2013