83yr, Having red spots on both hands, burning sensation in feet. Due to arthritis or pre diabetes?

my 83 yr old mother has red spots on each hand near the thumb joint . She has in the past had the burning and tingle in her feet. Last yr she was tested for diabetes. However, this has come and gone over about 5 years(the feet). I believe it is pre diabetes. Just 3 months ago her primary care Dr. ran a full blood panel on her which indicated all was in great working order. She also has Arthritis and I m trying to get her to a Rhumatologist. Now with the red compression looking red spots at each thumb joint of her hands I don t know if this is diabetic or arthritic related pain. Also, she told me a few nights ago that she has pain in the thumb joint...arthritis?? I m trying to get her into an endocrinologist too.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012