81 years old female suffering from anemia with high blood pressure. Is it due to weakness caused by anemia ?

hello doctor, My name is Dr. Pulkit Sudan. I am a dental surgeon . 3 and a half weeks back my grandmom (81/f) was put on glucose drip after she complained of sinking episodes in her heart(in her language) and is suffering from high blood pressure diagnosed thereafter along with anemia(hb=5gm%) all other findings are in normal range( serum creatinine , sgot/sgpt, etc) wbc count was 11000. these episodes happened for around 2 months prior to diagnosis of high b.p. thereafter she was put on daily amlodipine(5 mg)+atenolol(50 mg) , multivitamin tablet and iron syrup. the doc gave alprazolam+ propanolol for those sinking episodes if they happen. but now, these episodes happen frequently like 2 in a day. what can b the actual cause. she does not complain of headache , sweatiness or leg pains during the episode. she feels like heart is sinking and heartbeat is going high although i cheacked the pulse was normal. otherwise she is well active but suffers from joint pain since past 15 yrs. doc , can i know the actual cause underneath. is it due to the weakness caused by anemia alone?? or any other chronic disease. i thought she might not be able to digest iron syrup, so discontinued for two days but the episodes continued. pls clarify... thanks a ton!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011