8 years old kid Swallowed a dime. should I consult a pediatrician ?

Ok, 8yr old swallowed a dime, she tells me an hour later. She says she has drank water, felt object slide down esophagus hurting once midway and again lower. I observed her breathing, fine, gave her bread she ate, swallowed and drank water, all fine. So now Im thinking monitor and ask questions, collect stool and if no results take her in to her pediatrician . What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Thanks for query,
As there is no problem for breathing,swallowing and discomfort in chest,it might have gone into the stomach.
Gradually traveling through GITract it will come out through stool.
So observe for progress of going down.
Observe for pain in the abdomen,vomiting.If any thing of this type you found take him to ER.
Mostly within 3-4 days it will come out.
Ok and bye.