8 months pregnant , on medicine for brain disease , EPITAB XR, safe to take ?

Respected doctor, I would like to ask some questions? 1. i am a pregnant woman ( 9th Month start) 2. I TAKE some medicans for my disorder brain deseases. Medicane name is ( EPITAB XR)(Carbamazeplne) SINCE 2 YEARS 3. THIS MEDICANE I TAKE CONTINUE IN MY PREGRANCEY PERIOD . and I did tell my doctor for this situation. Kindly tell me this medicance is effected to my baby or not. and now I will do.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
there are some medicines which are not to be used during pregnancy for their advsrese effect on the foetus.
Carbamezapine is one of such medicines .
You are already in 9 months of pregnancy and you should discuss this with your doctor .
Hope your baby is all right in you and every thing turns out normal.