8 month old having gas problem on powder formula. Any harm in switching milk based formula to soy?

My son is 8 months old. He was breastfed until he was 4 months. Since then he has been given enfamil premium infant powder formula...he seems to do fine except gas. I asked my pediatritio. And he wasn t to concerned..said all babies have gas. But my son seems to be in pain and wakes up during naps and bedtime crying in pain. And passing gas when he wakes as if that s the issue. I ve heard its not a good idea to switch from milk based formulas to soy...but im wondering if I could switch him to enfamil prosobee soy...and what harm would that cause.thanks
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012