71 years old, MRI showed split cord abnormality. Physiotherapy helpful?

I am a 71 year old female. Today I saw a Neurologist at the University of Washington in Seattle. My MRI showed split cord abnormality. I went to see this Doctor because I m in alot of pain and I hate to increase my pain medications . He said I should see doctor that deals with sports injuries. The appt. is in the works. Also some phyicial theropy may help. He was reluctant to consider surgery because of my age. Would like your opinion. thankyou, Maryellen Person
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013