7 years old has enlarged adenoids. Is it necessary to go for surgery ?

Hi Doctor . I live in Dubai. I have a 7 year old daughter . she has very frequent cough and cold . She snores as well while sleeping.we showed her to an E.N.T recently, the doctor said she had enlarged adenoids and also did an X ray for her ears along with a hearing test . He advised that she needs two was removal of adenoids and second was for the excessive fluid behind her ear drums that is obstructing her to hear properly.Is it advisable to get a surgery done or should we wait for some more it possible to correct her problems with medication. Thanks a lot
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011