7 year old son, suffering from recurring cough. Taking medication, no results. What could be this?

I have taken my 7yr son to every doctor you can think of and nobody can give me an answer. My son has been coughing for months now and still no answers. I have tried everything from humidifiers, allergy testing, asthma meds, allergy meds, and still no answer. I need help. I have asked if its his Anodes because they are very swollen and he is scheduled for surgery on 4/12 but the Dr. says she doesn't think its those. This is very frustrating. I am trying to help my son.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013