7 week old feeling hungry, crying all the time. Any suggestions?

My grandson is 7 weeks old and he get so much milk from Mom by nursing that he spits up a lot. He makes a face like it is sour and then wants to eat again. His stomach is over full. Way out there. He gained 2 pounds from birth. I know he is well feed. He is still demanding to eat every 2 hours sometimes sooner. His parents are well educated and well employed. It seems like Mommy s abundance of milk does not give him enough suckle time. He cries most of the time and is awake to eat every 2 hours. A few nights he sleeps close to 4 hours. Do you have any suggestions to help them?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013