6 year old with viral encephalitis. Taking antibiotics. Child with abnormal behavior. Is this a treatable disease?

hello. my little cousin had viral encephalitis . he is only 6 years old and has about two months fever. he is hospitalized 2 months now. at first they thought it was flu so he has been taking flu medicines. but after they saw that the fever wouldn't be lower they started thinking it was something else so they''ve been trying antibiotics on him about two months, now they think he has encephalitis, and used luminal to him so he could sleep 24 hours but he didn't and they use acyclovir but the kid acts like he's drunk , he says bad words that he haven't used before, he can't walk.
and he was a very smart kid before this, the smartest in kindegarden, and he could walk perfectly.
is encephalitis treatable? does it damages brain? im very worried please answer...
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013