6 year old having pain in the stomach after eating. Reason?

My 6 yr old is complaing on a daily basis that her tummy hurts, she is more prone to this at meal times. Plus she has also complained alot lately that her bum hurts alot. She does not have a big appatite and does not eat much, but she is eating a little less lately than normal. Any ideas what it could be?? She also says she feels sick every time she is eating.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Hi thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different potential causes for abdominal pain in children.
Jn addition to the above information it would be important to know if she is experiencing any change in the consistency ofher stool (if tney are harder) or if she is using the bathroom less often because constipation is a common cause of abdominal pain in children. It would account for the pain around her navel and by her bum.
Other causes would be gastroesophageal reflux disease, food poisoning, lactose intolerance , infection, celiac diease among others.
Constipation would be treated with a highfiber diet (friuts and vegetables, oats, barley, whole grain products). In some persons medication is necessary

It may be best to take her to her doctor to be evaluated to determine the exact cause of her discomfort.

Pediatrician Dr. Himanshi Kashyap's  Response
The most common reason for decrease appetite and itching in the bumps in childhood id worms in the tummy.I think you should deworm her and observe her appetite if still she doesnot improve then she would require a thorough examination with blood tests to rule of iron deficiency anemia in which condition again there is loss of appetite and pica.
Bye
Take Care

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.