6 weeks old. Born overdue with jaundice. Feel hard, stressful and difficult to swallow. Reason?

My grandson is 6 weeks old and weighs 9 lbs. He is healthy and is breastfed and bottle fed breast milk was started several days ago with breast-pumped milk. He was delivered by help from vacuum used by a doctor. Pregnancy was normal with much nausea with Momma. Baby was born being just 1 week overdue with jaundice a few days later which was treated by light in the hospital with an overnight stay. Baby problem is difficulty in swallowing . This problem has always been present since Momma milk flow was well established. I am babysitting and now I use the bottle which causes him to choke, gulp, and gasp for air with every feeding. The gulps are hard and stressful that he cries. New slow flow Playtex Nurser nipples are used now, but he is still having problems. It is scary for me because I fear he may choke so badly that he could aspirate milk into his lungs. I am wondering if he was born with something wrong with muscles in his throat . What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013