6 months old baby having dark stool. What could be the reason ?

MY 6 MOTH OLD BABY RECENTLY MAKES A DARK STOOL AND IN ONE MUSH...NOT SPREAD..IT ALL COMES TOGETHER LIKE PLAY DOUGH...SOMETIMES HAS MIXTURE OF RED IN IT...I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE CARROTS OR SWEET POTATO THAT I FEED HER...I DON T KNOW....WHEN SHE MAKES SHE USUALLY MAKES LOUD SOUNDS...BUT SHE DOESN T USUALLY COMPLAIN...OTHER THAN THAT SHES GOOD THANK G-D...WHAT COULD IT BE?
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Don't use those ingredients in her food just now.
You can give her cerelac/ Nestum- like foods with boiled water.

Rx, 1) Merc.Sol. 6 /10D/TD.
2) Merc.Cor.6 /10D/TD.

You will give her those medicines.
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ghazi Sharique Ahmad's  Response
hi
if you have noticed this color of stool only after starting these food, then you stop these food and watch for 2 days for change in color of stool provided that yor child is active and apparantly healthy. otherwise get a test on stool for occult blood and if positive, consult a nearby pediatrician.
for further queries contact me.