6 month old child, having light pink blood spots in urine, no fever, irritation. Treatment?

hi. i have a 6 month old son and when he was 1 week old he had blood spots in his urine and when i consulted his pediatrician they told me not to worry. they told me that he was just having hormonal discharge . so i didn t worry and eventually it stopped.. however no that he is 6 months already he again is having blood spots in his urine. he seems fine no fevers and he s not irritated he is actually a happy baby. oh by the way let me just remind you that his blood spots are somehow pinkish and if not noticed it fades away. should i worry about this
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Hi, just to proceed further, please get a Urine routine examination done of your baby and see if there are any RBCs in it. If yes, then you would need to get few blood tests done and if not but pink color still persists in urine, get a metabolic screening done.