50 years old, getting angry very quickly and often. How to control it ?

Hi, I am 50 years old, I am carer for my 77 year old mum, and have 2 children who are 15 and 20. I am an only child and do everything for my mum, she mainly gets up to go to the toilet, and to go to doctor s appointments. My step-dad used to help a lot, but now he has cancer , and can t help, since getting cancer, he seems distant and won t talk much to me on the phone, I don t know why and it hurts me. But my main problem is that I get very very very angry with my mum, but I don t show my mum this, I love her, but her habits annoy me very much, and they make me very angry, I don t know why, I feel very confused, I am like a Jekkyl and Hyde character, as soon as she annoys me, I have to block it out like leave the room, etc. otherwise I start to feel a kind of rage building up. Please help me.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Dear User ,

thank you for reaching out for an advice. its such a great thing that you are taking care of your 77 years old mum , and its sad to hear that your step father was diagnosed with cancer . i think you are doing a great job , never the less you should try to find time for your self to release the stress of your daily routine. add some sports to your life and quality time just for yourself , a little bit selfish but you will reflect on your surrounding more positively . if your problem presists please contact your GP .

if you find the answer helpful please rate it .
best regards,
Dr . Ahmad