5 year old with constant coughing after taking phenegran

my 5b y/o son was put on zithromax ,and corzall plus for a really bad cough and cold .the cough did not surpress what so ever so she called in phenergan w/coedine. he had a teaspoon at 9pm and is still awake coughing constantly. is there anything else I can do for him or should i take him to the e.r.?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hallo ,
Cough in children caused by foreign material or mucus obstructing the airways of the lungs include allergies.
My advice is that, you can continue the allopathy treatment.Apart from that you can give the following:
Give Indian Goossbery [ Amla] juice with honey. Because both are contains high contant of vitamin.C
,which helps one develop strong immunity aganist cough and cold.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello.. it takes time for the cough to go.. if there are no alarming symptoms like fever ... nausea.. u can give him stodal paediatiric cough syrup.. its a homeoapthic medicine.. he will get releif from the cough..