5 year old stacks food under bed. How to stop this?

Hello, my step daughter is 5, since i ve been back to work for the past month, she has been doing things she knows she isn t supposed to do and hoarding piles of food under her bed. Half eaten and even un eaten foods. She doesn t have the best track record with her mother. I was just wondering what this is and how to go about addressing it and helping?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Your child is showing attention seeking behavior.

Try to spend some quality time with your child.
Try and discuss the problems that she is facing.
Discuss if she has any problem with her teacher or friends or any body else.

Encourage her for all the good things she does.

Gently tell her that such a behavior is not expected from a good well behaved girl like her.

Hope this helps.