5 year old. Eyelids stuck together in morning, white matter in corner of eyes. Is it infection?

Hi my son who is 5 year old....since last 2-3 days his eyelids get stuck together in the morning and I find some white matter at the corner of his he having any infection or allergies???? please help...And in the morning the eyes are swollen and little bit red tooo but after giving little hot compression it goes to get rid of that plzzz help???
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Thanks for your query
Your child is having conjunctivitis which could be allergic or infective in nature.
He needs to be examined by doctor .
In the meantime i suggest you to take care of eyes,clean them with cotton soaked in sterilized water from inside out.
He needs topical eye medication .
Wishing your child good health.
God bless.