5 year child refuses to go for bowel movements. What could be the cause?

My 5 year old step daughter is potty trained but fights the urge to go to the bathroom she will lie about going when you tell her to go and i ve seen her run around in circles, hold herself and even lean over bed to keep from going we have to make her to go to bathroom then at night when she sleeps and can t hold it she wets bed. Why would she be doing this?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
She might be having some urine infection or some inflammations of her vulvovaginal region,due to which she may be feeling pain while micturating and this fear of pain might stop her micturating while awakening.Go for her urine examination and an examination of her genital region by a doctor.