5 year child having pain in penis. A&D ointment cures for few minutes. Looking for alternate solution

My 5 year old son had excruciating pain in his penis after he has been swimming to the point that we need to leave the pool and he is screaming in pain. We have been to a urologist which suggested a & D annointment on his penis to create a barrier, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn t. We have an appointment to get a second opinion. I am very concerned an am looking for any answers/solutions.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern for the boy the chances of phimosis is very likely and this need to be ruled out, second is irritation of smegma, in either condition circumcision need to be done, look for the injury if any, in short clinical condition need to be examine in such cases, hope this information helps you, take care and have a nice day.