I can understand your worries.
You are already consult our doctor and medicine is going on so no need to worry.
In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
I would advice:
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Don’t use more medicine
7. There are some child chest rubs that can be used to help relieve congestion as well.
8. As he grows ,may be this problem will subside.
9. You can try for Alternative medicine (Ayurvedic/Homeopathic
I wish your child recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre