41 years old and cancer survivor. What dosage of iron supplement should I take?

Hello. I had a quick question. I wanted to start taking an iron supplement to help give me more energy and all. I went to the store and bought 65mg but wasnt sure when the best time to take it was. I then saw 65mg was way to much for my age group and I do not have a deficiency that I know of. I am a 41 year old cancer survivor( colon ) for about a year and a half now. Could you help me understand what I should do? Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013