4 year old with frequent cold and cough, mild recovery with Ventrolin, Budecort, diagnosed with enlarged adenoid, fluid in ear. Treatment?

Hi, My son is 4 yrs old and has been catching cough and cold from the time he was a year old, a year back he was put on Ventrolin and Budecort 100 ( inhaler ) for almost a year by his paed stating that he has a wheeze and he did show signs of recovery however after 3 weeks he was back with his cough. After that recently we found out that its not wheezing its an enlarged Adenoid and there is also fluid in his ear. The doctors are suggesting surgery for the time being he has been on doses of Augmentin , Cetrizinfe, Pecef one of the ears showed recovery however he is down with cough and cold and that has not stopped he is complaining of ear ache this time . Please suggest the Right course of action he has a Severe cough this time and I am really worried.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012