4 year child having red, raised pus filled bumps below navel. Started spreading. What should be done?

My 4 year old has three sores a few inches below his navel. They are very red, raised bumps, and look pus filled. They are very painful to the touch. They have been there for a few days and seem to be worsening. It also appears it could be spreading because today there are two more smaller red bumps lower than the other three.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing here.

It seems your son is having impetigo.It is a bacterial infection.Keep area dry and clean.Use a good antibacterial soap.Use loose cotton clothes.You can apply topical antiboitic cream like t bact over affected area along with pain killers like combiflam.

Hope this will solve your query.Take care.