4 month old, started regular, oatmeal, banana cereal diet, bowel movement of flat dark gray color stools. Cause of concern?

my 4month old has had regular bm without incident.we started him on cereal about a month ago to slow him down on his formula intake which was almost 8oz at the time. with cereal in his formula he now only takes 4-5oz at a feeding .we started with regular cereal at first,then in the 3rd week we tried oatmeal and banana cereal.he has taken a liking to this so we continued with it. a week ago we started rice and mixed fruit.he seems to take them all without problems but today he had a bm that was a flat dark grey color and thick. his bm have been thick but our concern is the color.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012

I appreciate your concern about the colour of the stool. However it is very common for the colour to change and I think that you need not worry about it.