33 year old overweight with hypertension. Is this due to anxiety? Getting treated for pituitary tumor

Hello, I was at the doctor recently, and my blood pressure was 138/80 when the medical assistant took it. I get extremely nervous that my blood pressure is going to be high, that when they put the cuff on my arm I can feel it rise in my body. The doctor then took it again, and it was 130/78. I am 33 years old, slightly overweight , and have a tiny pituitary tumor that is being treated with medication. Could these blood pressure values be elevated due to being nervous and anxious? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012