30 year old with persisting cough. On steroid inhaler for asthma. Blood in spit while brushing. Is the blood from the throat?

Hi I am 30 years old and have a persistent winter cough - had this for a few years. I have recently been to the doctors about this and was prescribed a steroid inhaler as they think I may have asthma . For the past few days, I have noticed a small amount of blood in my spit when I brush my teeth (at no other time). I can t see where the blood is coming from in my mouth...could this be coming from my throat?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012