3 weeks old, umbilicus gets wet, is deep. Why is it wet still ?

My baby is 3 weeks old. Her umbilical stump fell off when she was 2 weeks old and since then her umbilicus started to get wet. I also notice that her umbilicus is deep, when I try to push the surrounding area to see if there is more discharges to come out, but fortunately, there s nothing. I use alcohol in cleaning it. Why is it still wet? Is alcohol not enough and I need to use other better solution or any ointment? And why is it too deep?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013